Though Lockdown measures have been eased, some businesses have adopted to ‘Work from home’ as long term measure to ensure social distancing in confined office. Specially for IT sector ‘working from home’ has become new normal. However, with all the panic and anxiety of pandemic, it might be hard for a lot of people to actually keep up with their fitness goals due to negative emotions such as stress, boredom. Top it with constant access of food at home, hells have broken loose around your belly.
We are here to save your day, here are 6 tips to avoid Food-craving while you work from home:
- Try not to skip Regular meal: Skipping breakfast or any major meals can result in binge eating. When you do not eat at regular intervals of time it may lead to a drop in glucose levels, result in sugar cravings and overeating. Although, many people consume Best protein for mass gain that can make your belly fat, as protein can stick near the belly area. So, try to get into the habit of having meals at regular intervals.
- Keep unhealthy snacks out of sight: You may have stocked up lots of chips, cookies, and other snacks in view of the current health situation. But it is important to remember that these snacks are to be used in the case of contingency and not for the everyday binge. So, keep healthy snacks nearby and junk food out of sight so you will find yourself reaching out for healthy foods when you are hungry.
- Drink plenty of water: A lot of times we confuse thirst with Hunger, sounds silly but it’s true. When physical activity is reduced, we tend not to drink enough water. However, while you do your work, make sure to keep the water bottle at your desk and keep sipping on it. It will keep you to full and hydrated and reduce unwanted snacking.
- Practice mindful eating: Mindful eating is related to the general practice of mindfulness. Mindfulness in general is about practicing awareness and being present while you eat, slowing down, and chewing thoroughly without distraction of TV or other gadgets.
- Eat more protein: A protein-rich diet may reduce your appetite by keeping you fuller longer than fast digesting carbs. Eating more and the Best Protein to Build Muscle help you maintain muscle mass and keep cravings at bay.
- Find a hobby or an interest: Sometimes snacking becomes our way to kill some time, if you have a lot of idle time you may indulge yourself in some other activities such as cycling, taking a brisk walk, watching a movie, or anything that interests you. In this way, you can avoid those hunger pangs.
While healthy and planned snacking is good for health, and keep spirits up and boost metabolic rate, uncontrolled and mindless snacking to kill time or for comfort may lead to obesity, food addiction, and binge eating. Following the above-mentioned tips will help you to take control of your cravings and can help you optimize your health and well-being during the COVID-19.